|Reference # :||19-00279||Title :||Project Manager|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/21/2019 / 11/20/2020|
Pipeline Auditing System
The purpose of this project is to begin consolidation of multiple existing systems supporting the functions of the Gas Safety Section of the Office of Gas and Water at the Department of Public Service. The scope of this project will include 5 year planning of audits, scheduling, data collection, tracking, mobile functionality, and reporting on all gas pipeline auditing activities.
This position will be assigned to manage multiple Department of Public Service (DPS) Information Technology projects based on DPS priorities and resource availability. Under the supervision of a PMO staff, the Project Manager will work with ITS and DPS project teams in the development and implementation of multi-faceted, high visibility projects.
Activities will include but not be limited to:
- Facilitating successful completion of IT projects by working across project team boundaries in a matrix environment to secure resources, resolve issues, and set project timeline and milestones.
- Prepare and manage Project Management Plan including but not limited to: scope statement, schedule, budget, quality plan, risks, issues and communication plan, etc)
- Prepare and deliver executive-level reports and documents including presentations, proposals and training materials;
- Track Project performance to ensure goals are being met;
- Identify and facilitate communications with stakeholder groups;
- Utilize formal project change process and communicate all changes with all stakeholders;
- Communication of project status and updates at all levels of organization, with internal stakeholders, project team and executive staff;
- Coordinate with Agency Executives, project team members, ITS portfolio staff, ITS Enterprise staff and other stakeholders;
- Identify and mitigate project risks; escalate and resolve issues impacting project success;
- Provide weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly status updates using established standards, tools and procedures;
- Coordinate with ITS Chief Technology Office and Chief Portfolio Office as needed;
- Develop transition plan(s) and execute those plans to ensure orderly transition to ITS Enterprise Operations including proper mentoring and training as needed to ensure successful transition.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary