Project Manager -Risk/Controls
|Reference # :||21-01159||Title :||Project Manager -Risk/Controls|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/23/2021 / 02/22/2022|
The Line Control organization for CPB is responsible for working with respective management to assist in ensuring that the applicable Business Units are well controlled and in compliance with control-related policies and procedures.
This incumbent would member of the CPB Operations Line Control team, and work closely with the Senior Line Control Officer for maintaining the control framework to identify and reduce operational risk; The job responsibilities directly support control activities for Trust CPB, which includes leading, and coordinating with Global Control Officer and other stakeholders to deliver all required Operations Control functions/services. This includes proactively identifying and assessing risks and controls, evaluating, and reporting significant control events, interfacing with internal audit examiners, and advising on corrective action plans. This covers multiple products and complex processes. The individual must maintain strong relationships within the organization to effectively influence changes that improves the control environment.
• To maintain effective control oversight of CPB Trust Operations functions
• Interfaces with ORM, internal Audit, Compliance and Operations Management to review and assess the overall control environment and any required remediation. Evaluate processes to ensure that internal controls are implemented and risks are mitigated related to Operations functions, corporate policies, and regulatory requirements.
• Complete thematic or "deep dive " reviews as identified by Control Officer and agreed with coverage area management, and/or as requested by coverage area management, speficall Process Control map development, , toxic combinations, and EUC's
• MCA Program Management – work with the MCA team to assist in the coordination proactive identification of control issues; monitoring of MCA issues; and consistency of MCA execution.
• Review manager risk and control assessments and internal audit results to highlight risk trends/control exceptions and Institute systematic follow-ups and progress tracking
• Issue/CAP Management – work with management to: identify areas of concern and related risks; develop corrective action plans for significant issues; assess relevance of issues across all regions; monitor and report resolution progress including periodic reviews with management; review support and ensure it adequately addresses closure of the issue; and proactive involvement in business meetings and walkthroughs to identify other control issues and their timely resolution.
• Loss/Gain Event Management- Work with Ops mgmt to ensure all events are properly: assessed; documented; supported; and CAPs developed (present to senior mgmt and Independent Ops Risk). Ensure the Bank's Ops Risk Loss database is appropriately updated & perform all required reviews/approvals.
• Reporting – prepare reporting necessary to assist management in understanding outstanding risks and control activities and the status of corrective action; provide input for risk/control decks and required signoffs (e.g., Monthly Control Dashboards & Scorecards, Monthly Operating Review).
• Execute test reviews and risk mitigation plans on an agreed frequency for the process inventory, document discussions and follow through on agreed actions
• Liaise with regional audit, risk and control teams, to monitor and report their findings, and timely remediation of gaps
• Champion and participate in process improvement initiatives
• 3-4 years cross-function experience in operations with demonstrated knowledge of risk and controls
• Project Management and Change Management experience.
• Knowledge of compliance, regulatory, and Major Global Bank policies.
• Experience with audits
• Business presentations to management, preferred
• Appreciation of policies in general
• Good inter-personal and negotiation skills
• Able to interpret/apply policies to banking processes
• Good communication skill (English) - able to write in clear/concise language
• Pro-active risk identification and solution orientation
• Control Mindset. Ability to identify control weaknesses in an operational environment.
• Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills
• Motivation and Influence Skills.
• Strong attention to detail and relationship management skills.
• The ability to work under pressure in stressful situations with short term requirements and deadlines is required.
• Analytical, Conceptual, Innovative, Strategic and Tactical Thinking.
• Technological Proficiency. Strong Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills are required.
• Graduate/Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.