Project Manager - Non-Technical
|Reference # :||17-01767||Title :||Project Manager - Non-Technical|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/13/2017 / 11/16/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Seeking strong Project Manager / Business Analyst / Process Mapper with strong Mortgage Experience in Servicing Operations. Exceptional Process Mapping and Visio experience required. Ability to track all process maps as workstream lead if required or work as individual mapper rolling up status to overall PM.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities under direction of Program Lead for Mortgage Operations.
- Strong ability to keep task and status documentation updated daily after mapping sessions and track mapping issues in great detail to roll up to program lead or overall project manager to resolve in separate workstream.
- Able to start work on own and keep things moving without need for being reminded or told what to do next.
- Exceptional Visio and PM skills required with ability to share desktop and lead team through mapping sessions on own on subjects not familiar with ability to ask the right questions to ensure all pieces of map are included (systems, people, activities, inputs, outputs, handoffs, decisions, etc).
- Must have good organizational skills, be analytical, and be able to interact with all levels of management.
- Interacts closely with Business team assigned to design the best method to support this team for the overall project and ensuring all activities are fully documented and tracked for this team
- Manage and build future state Level 4 lean process maps with the business team. Apply Lean methodology and ensure the most efficient process is created
- Ability to lead team on calls, take minutes/follow-ups, and ensure process maps are designed to business specification
- Upon completion of process maps, partner with business leaders assigned to this project to assist with documenting and updating procedures (key stroke) based on documentation obtained from IT project implementing changes
- Ability to use test environment to 'test' the procedures prior to rolling out to business and participating in building the test plans to ensure successful business implementation
- Able to build test scenarios and scripts
- Assist and build training as required by department business leaders assigned to this project
- Ensure Operational Readiness Plan is created for each agile install and perform the tasks required with the business to ensure success for assigned area
- Stay informed on overall program activity and report status to program lead to roll up into the overall program
- Responsible for managing tasks and reporting on program status to business leaders and PMO
- Determines impacts to processes and procedures with business leads on project assigned
- Applies in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function; requires in-depth document recognition knowledge.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how area supported collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals; requires basic industry knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years mortgage banking experience highly desired but not required
- Exceptional Visio and process mapping skills required
- Project management experience a must
- Project Mapping and Lean / Process Efficiency experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive execution and consistency through collaboration and influence
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, manage time and workload and meet scheduled requirements from multiple deliverables
- Solid technical skills operating MS Office products (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Collaborate, SharePoint and Live Meeting).
- Highly developed communication skills (written and oral).
- Engaging presentation skills.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary