Project Manager - Finance/Regulatory
|Reference # :||21-00723||Title :||Project Manager - Finance/Regulatory|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/21/2021 / 12/10/2021|
Major Global Bank Shared Services Finance and Risk Shared Services, Tax Information Reporting
This role will be responsible for the planning and execution of various initiatives that impact FRSS globally. The role will encompass related project management responsibilities including governance, stakeholder management and development of project plans.
The successful candidate will initially focus on helping the Program Manager establish a comprehensive governance structure to support controlled implementation of a significant project impacting FRSS and Client globally. This will include responsibility for project management and will primarily encompass regulatory and process improvement/reengineering-driven projects. Core project management activities will be central to this role. Working closely with the Program Manager and other senior leaders within FRSS, the successful candidate will liaise and coordinate with a broad range of stakeholders inside and outside FRSS to ensure effective governance and implementation of project objectives.
• Assume full project management responsibilities for end-to-end implementation of all assigned deliverables, including proactive identification and management of risks and issues, program/project plans, stakeholder engagement, scheduling and resource management
• Support the program manager to implement appropriate program governance structure, including production of appropriate project and program dashboards and status updates for executive-level stakeholders
• Develop individual project artefacts as necessary, including Project Initiation Documents (PIDs), project plans, RAID logs and project status dashboards
• Ensure work streams and projects meet requirements and are of the appropriate quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project/program plans and program governance arrangements
• Ensure adherence to Client program and project standards as needed
• Identify key project risks and manage to resolution or escalate accordingly
• Coordinate across functions (e.g. Operations, Technology, Compliance and Finance) and senior management to execute necessary policy, process and technology change.
• Minimum of 10-15 years' experience in project management is required, ideally in Finance or Regulatory projects
• A minimum of 10 years in a dedicated project manager role is required, including experience leading multi-country/region projects
• Minimum of 10 years financial services experience is required.
• Demonstrated career progression to senior project manager/ program manager level (including multiple project management)
• Credible history of successfully implementing projects in the financial services industry
• Proven track record of delivery of major level, multi-streamed projects is essential
• Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to facilitate compromise and resolve conflicting requirements.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships is essential
• Experience with a global bank's finance function and operational environment highly desired
• High level of proficiency across all aspects of project management – planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources, stakeholder engagement, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions up to senior levels of management (e.g. Director, MD)
• Ability to lead planning sessions, challenge the status quo where appropriate and drive decision-making processes
• Ability to lead and drive implementation working through others
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple functions (e.g. Operations, Technology and Finance) to ensure communication, collaboration and agreement
• Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile when required
• Ability to work under pressure, manage to tight deadlines and quickly adapt to unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
• Ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts / requirements and related product / functional knowledge
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Word and MS Project knowledge essential.
• Formal PM qualification (e.g. PMP) is required
Please see our complete list of jobs at: