|Reference # :||21-00228||Title :||Project Manager-Expert|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/01/2021 / 03/31/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
PM JOB Description: Senior Program Manager – Release Manager
The Program Manager will report directly to the Release Manager Lead, who is responsible for overall health of Risk, Finance, and Controls IT programs Release Management. The candidate will define, design, implement (and manage ongoing production of) Program and Project tracking and reporting capabilities to support application delivery teams in their adherence to corporate program and project governance. This role will be involved in opportunities to build/improve release management processes, including development of a suite of proactive reporting, visualization and communication, leveraging the data within multiple complex enterprise project management tools, to advise senior technology managers of the overall health of their initiatives and identify areas that require remediation. Critical Success Criteria and KPI's will also be defined and agreed upon with KPI monitoring implemented to ensure adherence to governance milestones.
- Manage a portfolio of projects within a release, ensuring that all activities are planned and coordinated across multiple systems and applications to produce a quality release of code to production.
- Interface and build strong rapport with designated technical Program and Project Managers.
- Execute status meetings with Project Managers, partner with Project Managers, Project stakeholders and drive releases to completion.
- Prepare and produce project status, Issue/Risk log and RAG reports for senior management.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly operational metrics reports including cost savings status and forecasts.
- Participate in project governance and provide detailed metrics on project quality control measures as related to Release Management.
- Coordinate project meetings and working sessions with project stakeholders.
- Conduct project related status/performance analysis.
- Track project progress against time and quality expectations.
- Deploy appropriate methods and tools to drive implementation releases.
- 6+ years of Program or Project management experience, working within a technology delivery PM function with experience in organizing, analyzing and visualizing enterprise data to enable data-driven decision making and actions, with emphasis in Release Management across large and complex organizations.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Familiar with enterprise tools that are used to track large initiatives/programs.
- PMP or Prince 2 certification is required.
- Strong skills in program management/planning, presentations and communication.
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (including Pivot tables), and MS Project
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, environment, and take initiative/ownership.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred additional qualifications:
- 5+ years technical experience in a development/engineering role.
- 3+ years financial services experience in Enterprise Risk or Finance.
- Consulting experience is preferred but not required.
- Six Sigma/Black Belt certification is a plus.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: