Project Manager - Credit Risk and Controls
|Reference # :||21-01313||Title :||Project Manager - Credit Risk and Controls|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/27/2021 / 03/18/2022|
Position: PM Credit Risk and Controls (Finance exp is a must)
Global Markets Front Office Trading Risk & Control is looking for an individual with both a Counterparty Credit Risk and Project Management background with experience delivering 1st Line programs designed to enhance credit risk controls. The successful candidate will have solid experience working with Markets businesses and trading desks, 2nd Line Credit Risk and Operations & Technology. The role will cover the end to end program and project management of the team's agenda with a significant focus on the build out of intraday credit risk standards, controls, and processes.
This role is a key member of a broader 1st Line Risk & Control function directly supporting Major Global Bank Markets as one of the major businesses within the Institutional Clients Group. The Markets Risk & Control team is mandated to establish and maintain a robust 1st Line of Defense designed to minimize risk within the business including leading critical control remediation projects to mitigate risk in Trading, Financial Crimes and Conduct while ensuring strong governance to measure, monitor, manage and escalate key risks.
• Help design, implement and operate the Markets 1st Line credit processes and controls as part of the broader counterparty credit risk and controls framework
• Work extensively with Sales and Trading and Risk to ensure credit limits and controls make sense, are effective, and that the front office has the tools and information required to adhere to applicable limits
• Partner with a wide range of stakeholders including sales, risk, business management, tech and ops
• Develop and enhance new and existing controls and process related to methodology, settlements, stress, and booking controls
• Assist in the monitoring of extensions of credit to large asset managers under Reg O limitations
• Conduct root cause analysis and horizontal reviews of the credit controls after a credit loss event
• Prepare and present communications to senior management and governance forums on new initiatives
• Oversee tracking and timely completion of corrective action plans while promoting self-identification of issues
• Escalate concerns and issues to senior leadership, independent risk management and management committees
• Engage with local regulators to provides responses to inquiries and inspections, with close collaboration with the businesses.
• Engage and work with all Markets businesses to achieve the common goals of implementing effective controls
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred 10-15 years' experience in a credit risk and control function, ideally having covered more than one industry
• Familiar with a range of traded products and lending businesses in the investment bank and the corresponding controls and risk measures
• Understanding of local market structure, products, practice and regulatory requirements
• Experience working on, managing, and leading large cross functional programs Track record of driving change and innovating in the risk and control space in a collaborative way
• Strong organizational leadership and influencing skills
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Works well under pressure and in tight deadlines Development Opportunities
• Opportunity to widen your knowledge of the investment banking industry Chance to build an exceptional global network of professionals, trading desks, technology teams and 2nd line functions, including Finance and Risk -?
• Long-term career path across geographies and business lines
• Competitive compensation package and benefits
• Flexible work arrangements