Project Manager/Business Analyst -Reference Data/OTC Derivatives
|Reference # :||20-00872||Title :||Project Manager/Business Analyst -Reference Data/OTC Derivatives|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/10/2020 / 08/09/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Security Master Group Office is responsible for ensuring that business divisions requiring securities indicative reference data are supported in their use of golden source data from the Security Master Group -a centralized multi-vendor financial instrument and issuer platform that supports increased product coverage, regulatory and cross-offering requirements across financial markets and asset classes -while centralizing operational processes, functions and tools around a scalable infrastructure.
- Manage IT and Reference Data projects across several teams.
- Collect requirements and structure information, system flows, current state dependencies for project documentation.
- Document and communicate project status, risks, issues, mitigation plans.
- Create and manage project plans across complex cross functional teams.
- Work with vendors such as Bloomberg, Reuters etc. to plan out issue resolution.
- Engineer repeatable operational processes which can be used to ensure data quality.
- Independently query data from multiple relational databases to validate requirements.
- Work closely with IT and Operations partners to identify area which require monitoring and create business as usual (BAU) processes to satisfy the requirement.
- Work with a Major Global Bank Security Coding and leverage external vendors and standards organizations.
- Work with business stakeholders and IT partners outside of Client to execute projects and deliver business solutions.
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business or related field.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in securities, banking/finance, information technology.
- Ability to be data oriented & demonstrate an excellent attention to detail
- Additionally demonstrate ability to effectively summarize and synthesize findings from data analysis
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Experience working closely with IT Project managers and development teams
- Ability to put together senior management presentation material
- Ability to multitask deadline-driven project management and relationship management responsibilities timely
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Visio, Project
- Proficiency writing SQL queries
- Strong background in reference data with a focus on securities (Listed and Over The Counter) and pricing
- Project management/Issue management/Lead experience
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills required for writing functional and technical specifications
- Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting, as well as across different geographic locations
- Good communication skills with the ability to be assertive
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
- Ability to drive process improvements and efficiencies creating business value
Please see our complete list of jobs at: