|Reference # :||20-01065||Title :||Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/19/2020 / 12/19/2021|
PCS (Patient Characteristics Survey), and other OMH projects as needed
This position will fill a key role on priority projects in support of the New York State Office of Mental Health's mission. This position will be responsible for software development activities such as writing front end and back end code in accordance with document requirements, unit testing and troubleshooting bugs and incidents, and system design. In addition, this position may be required to assist in development of technical documentation and support materials. As such, this position requires the ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.
Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
3. Prepare scripts to create and modify existing Oracle tables, create indexes, constraints, triggers, views, etc., code stored procedures and packages, convert and migrate data when necessary.
4. Diagnose and troubleshoot various rules, calculations, and data issues on application reports using Crystal Reports.
5. Mentor and assist other programmers, both state and consultant, providing guidance for debugging, troubleshooting, securing and deploying
applications, data access, data communications and system architecture configurations.
6. Use a source code repository TFS for checking in and checking out source code branching off new versions of the source code.
7. Work within the IT Service Management System to take in incidents and service requests for the application, as well as request services from other ITS groups.
8. Coordinate service requests with various ITS divisions for releases and changes for the application.
9. Diagnose and debug production issues reported via ITSM. Escalate critical calls as necessary and join bridge calls to assist in diagnosis.
10. Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: