|Reference # :||19-00661||Title :||Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/23/2019 / 09/23/2021|
The resource will be needed to assist with support and maintenance of existing Unemployment Insurance related applications while key state resources take on System Architect and Lead Software Developer roles on the NYS Modernized UI System project; in addition to working with existing staff to complete Benefit/Employer related tasks required for mandatory NYS Modernized UI System interfaces and/or programming request; When time allows help support the daily Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) work relating to NYSDOL's current critical applications which could cross over Multiple program areas within NYSDOL (UI, DEWS, Labor Standards).
The consultant will lead an agile development team and be responsible for Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and development activities. The activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead an agile development team working on a complex employer account financial system, including designing and developing modules that establish receivables, calculate fees and interest, apply remittances, establish and reverse refunds, and reconcile funds and other account maintenance activities
- Lead a team of developers in the analysis, design, and development of integrated solutions for the project.
- Assist the project development team to establish and document standards and patterns for 'best practices' of integration technologies.
- Mentor state staff developers in advanced programming techniques and skills.
- Use Rational Software Architect (RSA) for modeling architecture and application design, components, and services. Analyze, design, review, and document database conceptual and logical data models. Identify services and business process components in functional decomposition.
- Create and review sequence and activity diagrams.
- Define and validate service WSDLs and XSDs.
- Develop business process models.
- Analyze, design, and develop services and business processes from business requirements using a SOA approach.
- Orchestrate individual system components into end-to-end business processes as part of a comprehensive Case Management/Workflow system.
- Construct software applications using J2EE and SOA architectures.
- Develop applications using Rational Application Developer (RAD/IID) utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Develop composite applications utilizing WebSphere Integration Developer (WID), WebSphere Process Server (WPS), WebSphere Business Integration Workbench and/or WebSphere MQ Workflow.
- Perform composite application integration using EJB, SCA, JMS, and Web Services over an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Analyze and develop rule sets for processes utilizing WODM.
- Develop and test data access using Object Relation Mapping frameworks (Hibernate).
- Develop complex relational database queries using ANSI standard SQL and PLS/SQL to be used with Oracle and DB2 databases giving special consideration to transaction management.
- Perform database transaction management analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Perform unit and integration testing and resolve defects.
- Create and review technical documents for all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
- Provide new technology evaluations resulting from research, proof of concept (POC), and proof of technology (POT) work.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary