Production Support/Maintenance-Senior Unix Oracle Big Data
|Reference # :||21-00223||Title :||Production Support/Maintenance-Senior Unix Oracle Big Data|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/01/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Java - must have
Oracle DB - Must have
SQL - working knowledge
We are seeking Application Support contractors. The candidate must have strong motivation to drive, lead and be successful in their endeavors, great teamwork and team building skills will be a key factor to the success of the team.
The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels. Must have a strong IT background in JAVA, SQL and Unix. The team supports a number of Finance, Treasury, Risk and Accounting groups.
Strong focus on communication and technical skills, system stability, quality and functionality against user expectations, problem management and resolution, including issue documentation, root cause analysis and trend analysis. Ensure all processes and procedures are being followed at all times to comply with both internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Possess good understanding of Regulatory Reporting primarily the monthly, biannual and annual CCAR submissions.
- Understand Risk and Finance Reporting of Risk Weighted Assets impact to Client Businesses to the granular level of data elements and source systems data lineage.
- Resolve issues that are escalated to Level 3 related to the Services in a timely manner to provide compliance with all applicable Service Levels.
- Provide in-depth expertise and troubleshooting on specific platforms or applications.
- Perform code analysis, bug identification and fixes, preparation and coordination for deployment
- Provide sanity checks after production code fix deployment
- Work with the application support team and Communicate issues and status updates with all stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to dive deep into the code structure to understand complex algorithms and troubleshoot system/data problems.
- Provide technical oversight across systems and applications; leverage skills across team and department.
- Provide ideas and conduct efficiency and effectiveness improvements in support processes.
- Perform Incident and Problem management including prioritization, cause analysis and escalation to appropriate groups.
- Good Analytical skills to understand and articulate issues
- Be innovative and proactive in suggesting solutions
- Analyze and respond to end users technical issues and analytical inquiries
- Demonstrate drive and initiative; be goal-oriented, dedicated and self-sufficient.
- Perform root cause analysis and event correlation for all tickets, identifying preventive measures, making recommendations to fix root causes, implementing approved fixes, and post-mortems
- Partner with development and other technology teams to develop strategy regarding overall architecture and infrastructure, identify and defines necessary system enhancements; analyze existing system logic, identify problems; and recommend and implement solutions
- Be able to work well under pressure, adapt quickly to changing priorities and maintain focus on key tasks during busy periods.
- Perform detailed failure analysis reports for all service level failures and recommend and implement means to prevent future failures
- Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they can understand
- Provide effective client communication during regular updates or escalate when appropriate.
- Provide Overnight support for the applications on a rotational basis. Be prepared to work out of hours and weekends to support upgrades and new releases to the application.
- Plan for and carry out annual Continuity of Business (COB) tests, this will involve liaising with DBA's, System Administrators, Users and other technical support teams to ensure our procedures and processes run accordingly.
- Ensure the Production Support documentation is kept up to date.
- 5 years of experience in a technical environment.
- A good academic background, with at least an under-graduate degree in computer science.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Personally well organized and an excellent team player with willingness to learn.
- Experience working in a support team and dealing with business and technology users of the application in a support capacity.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in dealing with complex technical issues in an application (NOT Infrastructure or desktop) support.
- Strong Problem Solving skills.
- Experience with Databases / SQL and writing scripts, database queries.
- Experience with Unix Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge of Core Java [beneficial], Unix [beneficial], Shell scripting [beneficial] and SQL.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: