Production Support / Maintenance Open Shift
|Reference # :||20-00745||Title :||Production Support / Maintenance Open Shift|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/29/2020 / 06/08/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Background / Job description / Key responsibilities:
1. Onboard, Maintain and support enterprise applications deployed in Open Shift containers.
2. Migrate, manage and support applications in the public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
3. Responsible for coordinating with multiple teams and groups for successful implementation of OSE Containers and all integrations such as Single Sign On, Job Schedulers, Load Balancers, Password Management utilities etc.
4. Oversee application environments build activities before go live, coordinate and plan go live activities and provide middleware production support post application go live.
5. Work with partner teams on Capacity Management, License management and Cost allocation of Container infrastructure.
6. Identify gaps in automation, processes and identify system inefficiencies. Work with partner teams to put together the remediation plans.
7. Generate weekly and monthly reports related to containers adoption, No. of issues reported, open/closed issues, accomplishments, risks, dependencies, challenges etc.
8. Champion the initiative of containerization, by eliminating hurdles and providing necessary handholding to applications.
9. Keep applications and their environments secure by ensuring all vulnerability patches/fixes are applied before due dates.
Must Haves :
1. 5+ years of experience with Cloud Operations (On Premise, Internal or External Cloud). Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
2. 2+ years of experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes/Docker Orchestration any experience with Bash, Ansible, Chef is a plus.
3. Knowledge of Red Hat Linux version 7, candidate must be able to use common commands to perform basic functions.
4. Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes, experience with CI/CD tools.
5. Knowledge of MW technologies such as Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, Client and ability to configure, tune performance and troubleshoot
6. Knowledge of Openshift version 3.7 and above.
7. AWS certification (associate level) with 1 year hands on experience working with AWS or 2 years of AWS experience without certification.
8. Experience with AWS or equivalent configuration management and monitoring, application deployment, and performance testing services.
9. Good analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment. You may be required to participate in multiple projects at a given time.
10. Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Nice to Haves :
1. AWS solutions architect certification (professional).
2. Any experience with Chef and Ansible
3. Knowledge of Node.js and Nginx
4. Ability to handle a high pressure environment and be prepared to jump right in to address any production outages.
5. Strong problem-solving skills, decision making ability and be able to display the sense of urgency and complete ownership.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: