Product Designer, Ventures Studio
|Reference # :||17-01556||Title :||Product Designer, Ventures Studio|
|Location :||San Francisco, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/02/2017 / 10/02/2018|
Major Global Bank Ventures’ mission is to drive customer-focused innovation and cultural transformation that delivers new growth and value for Major Global Bank. We invest in startups, pilot new technologies, and test new solutions and business models with the potential to transform the future of financial services. The Ventures Studio at Major Global Bank Ventures is seeking a talented Product Designer who wants to be at the forefront of that transformation, helping conceive, design, and develop transformational customer experiences. The position is based in San Francisco and will report to the Head of the Ventures Studio.
As a Product Designer, you take pride in designing intuitive, human-centered products that appeal to a broad audience. You’re passionate about non-pixel based interactions as well as apps, and your eye for detail inspires other designers, engineers, and product owners. As a member of the Ventures Studio, you’ll work in a hands-on, collaborative environment in pursuing high priority growth areas for the company, where value will only be unlocked through fresh thinking, thoughtful design, smart testing, iteration, and improvement. You’ll work closely with a range of internal and external partners to design use cases that illustrate the power of partnership—extending and embedding the value Major Global Bank creates for customers through new paths to market.
- You're actively involved in defining product strategy.
- You think in terms of designing systems.
- You have the ability to synthesize and integrate diverse viewpoints to make the complex clear.
- You take full ownership your work, obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect.
- You constantly push your limits and search for opportunities to become better.
- Your team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
- You thrive in an iterative environment with short feedback loops.
- You see ambiguity and the unexpected as opportunity.
- 7+ years professional design experience working at a startup or top-tier design agency or within a world-class design team at a large technology company.
- Experience shipping at least one full product or significant features as the lead visual or UX designer, with a very strong preference for mobile design .
- Experience iterating with engineers and other team members to get it just right.
- An exceptional eye for talent, with an ability to identify and recruit great new designers.
- Great presentation and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to utilize design to solve and overcome communication challenges, such as stakeholder management between design, product, engineering.
- Empathetic champion for your audience and customer.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary