|Reference # :||18-01594||Title :||Oracle DBA|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/29/2018 / 10/28/2019|
Oracle Senior DB Developer
We are looking for a high energy motivated individual with a great attitude to join our Margin team as a DBA working with our development team assisting with database design, development, and implementations. The Margin team is responsible for the design, build - out, and ongoing support of a global, multi - product, multi - entity operational margin calculation system used to service our business areas. Our system is built on a Unix platform using Oracle and Casandra databases, runs 24 x 6, services internal and external users, and interacts with multiple up and down stream systems in batch and real - time. We provide a variety of utilities (online, workflow, electronic, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and helping to execute on the day - to - day technical work needed to monitor, maintain, and tune our databases.
- Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, design and develop ETL, reporting and analytics solutions·
- Strong knowledge of database performance issues and optimization
- Experience in performance enhancements using parallel processing, multithreading.
- General understanding of storage technologies and networking
- Work with multiple teams in different locations and time zones.
- Write well designed efficient code
- Experience in an Agile or Iterative environment.
- Document solutions to issues and business and testing requirements using JIRA
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Three to six years of Oracle DBA experience in a financial services organization
- Extensive experience in Relational Databases and Strong SQL and Oracle experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of SQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge of database theory and design
- Hands - on SQL development and Review of Stored Procedures for consistency and quality
- In depth knowledge of indexing, partionning and performance tuning
- SQL - Experience working in RDBMS(Oracle) or another major RDBMS system
- Unix Scripting
- Batch Job Scheduling JIL/Autosys
- Cassandra knowledge is desired
- A basic understanding of markets, trading and investment products is desired
- Possess a positive attitude and the desire to help team members and customers
- Ability to work as part of a global team in a fast paced environment
- Strong desire to adhere to best practices in software design, development, and maintenance
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with users and other IT groups to help define and negotiate solutions
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and propose timely and accurate solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritize work and be well organized
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary