Operations Risk Management
|Reference # :||21-00217||Title :||Operations Risk Management|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/15/2021 / 07/14/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- The position is in the Operational Risk Management's (ORM) Framework group. The group is responsible for design and oversight of Major Global Bank's Framework for managing Operational Risk, a program designed to identify, assess, monitor, measure and report operational risk on a consistent basis across businesses, regions, and legal entities. In this role the individual will support activities relating to the implementation and execution of ORM's risk identification program and related metrics processes.
- Support the Director Risk Appetite and Metrics in the execution of the global operational risk identification management program which includes operational risk appetite and metrics processes, in support of Operational Risk Management's mission and objectives.
- Work with subject matter experts across ORM to analyze and together propose opportunities for enhancements to ensure that the Risk Appetite is integrated is other ORM Framework elements and processes (e.g., Key Operational (KOR), Material Operational (MOR), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), MCA)
- Provide analysis to continue to enhance the enterprise quantitative and qualitative metrics, thresholds, and escalation paths to ensure monitoring of operational risk appetite by key governance groups. Ensure harmonization of metrics and thresholds across functions and businesses.
- Monitor and report on actions taken for metrics breaches tied to established risk appetite boundaries or risk acceptance approved.
- Identify system enhancements needed to support ongoing BAU reporting.
- Prepare regular reporting for Management on compliance with ORM Risk Identification program requirements including reporting on ORM risk appetite policy / standards exceptions and corrective action plans.
- Assist in preparation of all materials on Risk Identification for the related working groups and sub-groups and documentation of meeting results.
- Prepare and/or coordinate periodic gap analyses to regulatory requirements for Risk Appetite and related metrics and identify and report on corrective action plans for gaps.
- Support timely and complete response to regulatory and audit requests for Risk Appetite and related metrics.
- Assist in implementation of training materials related to the ORM Risk Identification program requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant risk management experience. Operational Risk knowledge is a plus
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable
- Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Experience working collaboratively on team projects
- Experience with risk related analysis and reporting
- Excellent general computer skills including MS Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint, including advanced skills for data manipulation
Please see our complete list of jobs at: