Operational Risk Analyst
|Reference # :||21-01508||Title :||Operational Risk Analyst|
|Location :||Getzville, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/20/2021 / 04/19/2022|
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering risk in the business they support. They are a recognized operational and technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic Cash Management (Payments & Receivables) and Transaction Banking (not Treasury) awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
• Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk analytics, utilizing technology and tools, and linking to governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
• Independently assess' data to identify risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
• Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) processing risk, for example.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for in-depth analytics, trending and visualization of data, that is digestible and actionable
• Analyzes a multitude of data sources (operational and technology), in an attempt to mitigate exposure through identification of target risk areas for enhancement (risk/financial/regulatory)
• Monitors goals are met through performance, risk reduction and meeting of commitments (internal & external)
• Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract.
• Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
• Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
• Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
• Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Banking, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 6-10 years experience navigating and networking across a Cash Management (Payments & Receivables) and Transaction Banking experience
• In depth knowledge of a Cash Management (Payments & Receivables) and Transaction Banking Operational processes and technology platforms supporting the Operations.
• Use of / experience with Celonis is desirable
• Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at: