Network Technician I
|Reference # :||18-00070||Title :||Network Technician I|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||4 Years||Start Date :||01/15/2018|
|POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE GREATER ORLANDO AREA!|
Only qualified candidates will be contacted!
Duration: Long-term contract
Network Technician -
The Network Technician performs complex installations, AMCs, and provides as-built data to update the configuration database for data communications and peripheral equipment associated with LAN and IP networking. The Network Technician II also analyzes and troubleshoots complex technical problems or issues. He or she can develop standard configuration templates for the Cisco NCM.
The Network Technician II must be able to work overtime, rotating weekends, and evenings; support on-call duties; and travel to support other regional sites as required.
The following criteria is required:
- Possess an associate's degree or equivalent experience in network systems.
- Have 3 to 5 years of network technology experience, including configuring Cisco LANs and
802.11 wireless LANs, and Cisco IOS.
- Must have some knowledge and experience with networking systems and information technology (IT) infrastructure beyond the LAN environment, such as routers and other network appliances. Some experience with other vendors' (in addition to Cisco's) network and IT infrastructure equipment is desirable.
- Must be capable of utilizing information gathered from sniffers and other sources to analyze and troubleshoot simple application-performance problems.
- Demonstrate good customer skills, the ability to work independently to complete assignments, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Be able to provide direction and assistance to teammates.
- Have excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a current driver license.
- Be able to lift 50 lb.