|Reference # :||19-00775||Title :||.NET Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/04/2019 / 10/04/2021|
A fulltime System Developer is needed for staff augmentation on multiple projects and maintenance efforts with emphasis on the Records Management System implementation project, the transition from Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) to Incident Based Reporting (IBR) complying with the FBI Mandate to do so by January 2021 and the support of MS-Access databases.
The Records Management System implementation project goal is the procurement and implementation of a new Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) Records Management System replacing several aging systems, Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, and paper forms currently used by the New York State Police. This is one of the largest projects ever undertaken by the NYSP. Significant improvement to our reporting systems and operational efficiency are expected. A technical resource is critical for the development of tools to assist in both the input and importing of data and the exporting of data from the system. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the design, development and modification of templates, queries, XSLT reports, data mapping documents and configuration changes.
The remaining time will be allocated to multiple projects and support initiatives including the analysis and updating of the many access databases currently used within NYSP. ITS will not support these MS- Access databases.
Daily Tasks for include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with end users to review/analyze existing systems, reports
- Participate in business user and stakeholder meetings for
requirement gathering sessions.
- Develop, write, and maintain system requirement documents and
assist with use case development when required
- Interact with NYSP, ITS and vendor staff as necessary to
determine and implement functional and technical requirements
- Design and develop system functionality per specifications
- Analyze, design, develop and document technical solutions
utilizing Niche RMS, .NET (C# or VB), Java, HTML, XML, XAML,
CSS, XSLT, Oracle/SQL queries and MS-Access. This will
include but not limited to creating report designs, data mapping
documents and configuration changes.
- Within the NICHE RMS, design, develop and update templates,
queries, XSLT reports and data extract files such as Incident
Based Reporting (IBR) for use in other systems.
- Perform table updates within the Niche RMS utilizing Niche
- Participate in the development and updating of test cases/scripts
- Execute tests and record results using various testing tools. This
will also include recording and tracking of defects.
- Update and maintain MS-Access databases per user
- Provide knowledge transfer to state staff in order to implement
and support technical solutions.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary