|Reference # :||19-00464||Title :||.NET Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/12/2019 / 01/11/2021|
Based on Governor's Office priorities, there are crucial initiatives that benefit New York State Higher Education Services (HESC) and are part of the ITS GLP project portfolio.
The candidate will supplement the .NET development staff in GLP in support of the Dream Act Project, Excelsior Scholarship, Enhanced Tuition Awards, Part-time Scholarship, and other GLP initiatives.
- Participate on teams for projects that have a Web, client-server application, or batch job functional component. Prepare size and scope analysis and timeline documentation.
- Analyze and document business requirements by participating in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the client and Business Analysts. Develop prototypes based on the requirements, and prepare Internal and External Design specifications in accordance with HESC's System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and ITS Secure SDLC.
- Using Analysis and Design documents, develop, document, and maintain programs, modules, classes, objects, Web pages, procedures, jobs, etc, as applicable. Environment consists of VB/C#.NET development using Microsoft's Visual Studios with HTML and Cascading Style Sheets, with SQL Server database and reporting components.
- Develop SQL and DB2 programs for collecting data in IBM's relational and database management system on IBM z/OS.
- Create development test plans and prepare and/or refresh test conditions and associated accounts. Additionally, Programmer may be required to execute the following tests as needed: unit, run-stream, subsystem, and regression tests.
- Review all test results, comparing the results to the identified conditions. Debug and rerun as needed. Work with Quality Assurance & Testing unit to confirm results and support findings.
- Provide business area and external customer support for the project deliverables.
- Act as a Web functional liaison with other units in IT and with other Divisions in HESC. Provide information and support as needed.
- Follow all existing guidelines and recommend new guidelines for Web functional development.
- Regularly conduct research on the volatile technology of Web functional development tools and best practices. Report on the research findings, including explanations of evolving technology, comparisons of tools, discussions of best practices, and recommendations as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary