Market Risk Project Manager
|Reference # :||21-00691||Title :||Market Risk Project Manager|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/01/2021 / 05/31/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
This new role is part of the Global Market Risk department of the Major Global Bankgroup supporting the Price Risk Transformation Program and Market Risk Reporting Enhancement Prioritization by project managing across Second Line functions to improve Limit Management Framework enhancements, controls, tracking, and management reporting.
The role will require knowledge of Market Risk processes (limit governance and data, data, reporting etc.) as well as strong project management and change skills to support and co-ordinate a change program across different functions. The role will coordinate, track, and report remediation owned by second line owners across businesses and regions in line with the program plan, and report status to the program governance as well as other elements of Major Global Bank's governance framework as necessary.
• Work with relevant workstream stakeholders and functional project management leads to define project plans contents and timelines.
• Prepare materials across different functions, identify key concepts and take-aways, and own follow ups for working groups and workshops to understand business requirements and translate them into actionable plans.
• Work with program lead in project managing the execution of required actions to implement the end state and track completions in line with the overall Program's change management framework.
• Proactively seek to resolve or escalate risk and issues to the projects by engaging relevant stakeholders and PMs.
• Produce project update materials and artifacts, tailoring to various forums and seniority levels within the program and outside.
• Present program status of various workstreams to the Price Risk governance and escalate risks and issues in a timely and well-articulated manner.
Qualifications & skills:
• Project management and change management expertise are essential, including proficiency with project management tools
• Market Risk expertise gained in various fields such as Limit Management, Risk Reporting, Data Modeling, and regulatory projects either in Banking or in an associated consulting role
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; must be articulate and persuasive with the judgement and authority to provide insightful commentary to senior stakeholders.
• Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global organization and understand different perspectives
• Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
• Thought leadership in target state design through engaging stakeholders at various levels of the organization
• Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and problem solving capability
Education and experience
• Bachelor's/University degree
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a project management role
Please see our complete list of jobs at: