|Reference # :||19-00119||Title :||Mainframe Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/03/2019 / 04/02/2021|
The Uniform Billing System (Banking) enhancements project includes updates to Medicare, Medicaid, and Third-Party Health Insurance for inpatients served by the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH).
Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
2. Use IBM COBOL, JCL, CA-IDMS, CA-ADS to develop, monitor and maintain batch/online applications in an IBM z/OS environment.
3. Prepare database scripts; creating/modifying Oracle tables, packages, stored procedures, indexes, constraints, triggers, etc.
4. Maintain and support multiple batch-based data feeds/exchanges between Oracle and IDMS environments.
5. Mentor and assist other programmers, both state and consultant, providing guidance for debugging, troubleshooting, securing and deploying applications.
6. Coordinate service requests with various ITS personnel for releases and changes for the application.
7. Work within the IT Service Management System to take in incidents for the application, as well as request services from other ITS groups.
8. Diagnose and debug production issues reported via ITSM. Escalate critical calls as necessary and join bridge calls to assist in diagnosis.
9. Document technical requirements, solutions, etc. to facilitate Knowledge Transfer.
10. Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary