Location Strategy Specialist
|Reference # :||18-01057||Title :||Location Strategy Specialist|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||07/12/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Location Strategy Specialist
A Major Global Bank Resource & Location Strategy organization is an enterprise wide function that aims to set the direction for resource deployment and utilization by continuously identifying opportunities for efficiencies and economies of scale. This is achieved through the concept of the right resources in the right location at the right price points with the goal of consolidation of roles to improve service offerings across the firm.
The current initiative is focused on increasing the percentage of resources within the Service Centers (CSCs) and determining the viability of the current high level business case for further consolidation. The resource will partner extensively with internal business partners to evaluate current state and future opportunities for growth and/or consolidation of work into the CSCs.
The team is looking for resources with a strong understanding of location strategy work to conduct the proper evaluation and analysis of the potential for the various businesses to further move roles into the CSCs. The analysis/validation phase of this project is kicking off immediately and will aim to be completed over the next 3 months. If the business case is deemed as valid and provides a strong value add proposition, a secondary phase of execution/implementation will commence.
The right resource will be able to conduct the following activities efficiently and quickly:
- Perform detailed analytics, which may include internal or external financial, operational and/or market data, and is able to summarize into key insights for senior leadership. This role will require working with functional teams to achieve these objectives.
- Distribute metrics for RLS leadership to enable executive ready presentations.
- Coordinate the implementation of projects by facilitating meetings, gaining consensus, documenting unresolved issues and current risks, and ensure agreed upon next steps take place.
The right resource will have the following background and set of qualifications:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in location strategy space planning, project management and/or strategy development within, or in support of, a rapidly changing and growing corporate environment
- Experience in Management Consulting and/or IT Strategy & Operations
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation, and organizational skills
- In depth understanding of the global market and trends
- Strong team player who is adaptable and capable of driving change.
- Strong communication skills for written and oral presentations, planning, negotiation, and report building necessitating medium to expert excel skills and medium to expert skills in PowerPoint
- Strategic thinker with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and quantify performance improvement measures and solution alternatives
- Motivated with the ability to convey a sense of urgency and to work productively in a corporate environment
- Ability to be flexible to changing business needs and self motivated, flexible and able to manage multiple priorities
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary