L3 Storage Network Specialist
|Reference # :||18-01105||Title :||L3 Storage Network Specialist|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/23/2018 / 07/23/2019|
|Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.|
Job Role: Linux Senior System Administrator – Level 3
Who are we looking for-
- Experienced Unix Sys Admins. You know you're good and have the track record to prove it.
- You've worked in large organizations. You laugh and slightly experience PTSD when someone says "global" or "standardized".
- You’re not a know it all. You like to work, learn, and collaborate with others.
- You go against the tide. You speak up and voice your opinion in all situations.
Actual technical skills you will need
- 10+ years’ experience in System Administration of Linux/UNIX systems in a in a large environment
- Strong understanding of network services (DNS, HTTP, SNMP)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of security tools and protocols (e.g. SSH, SSL, TCPwrapper, nmap, COPS, Tripwire, etc.)
- Understanding of basic network concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality
- Strong experience with server bare metal hardware in large datacenters including enterprise storage systems
- Experience with PXE booting Linux Based OS installs
- Strong understanding on LVM, x86 hardware knowledge, Hardware/OS RAID concepts and familiar with Linux OS recovery process.
- Understanding of VMware knowledge and Virtual/Physical servers / OS concepts and differences.
- Willingness to closely adhere to audit and compliance standards and requirements
Other skills you will need
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and accustomed to searching out best practices and solutions while adding to the team's knowledge
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
- Demonstrative written and verbal communication skills to audiences with a wide variety of technical knowledge
- Very strong troubleshooting skills towards root cause analysis and practical issue resolution
Extra Bonus Points
- Familiarity with security vulnerability response and working with multiple teams and applications to remediate
- Debugging traffic flows from Linux Based systems
- Hardware and OS Driver Troubleshooting for Linux Based Systems
- Experience using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) to deploy and configure environments
- Experience working with agile development teams and DevOps
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary