ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL
The Merchant Product Manager is responsible for the research, design, development and governance of both new and existing products, services and their ongoing enhancements. Product scope includes all aspects of our retail partner' digital and integrated solutions including instant credit acquisitions, payment and monetary transaction processing, digital wallet, and customer servicing across channels including in store, online, phone and mobile.
The Merchant Product Manager must have an understanding and passion in product development and management functions, as well as solid knowledge of retail credit lending and Merchant integration industry practices. Product managers have full life-cycle responsibility for their assigned products, as well as associated business vendor management, competitive positioning, customer experience concepts and business level platform acumen. Working closely with the Head of Merchant Product Management, IT Product managers and their teams, individuals in this role own the business communication of product vision/strategies to varied audiences; including partners, executives and cross functional teams and ensure alignment across the Major Global Bank Retail organization. The individual will be accountable for the execution of those strategies including the capturing of industry, business and partner requirements, analysis, product development, and enhancements throughout the product lifecycle.
Key responsibilities include:
• Under the guidance of SVP, Merchant Product Management, develop strategies to establish, enhance or distinguish competitive products and services with our partners
• Own business responsibility for the assigned product(s) including end-to-end customer & partner experiences.
• Develop business plans, implementation strategies, forecasts and performance scorecards for assigned product(s) or services - working across partners and cross-functional disciplines.
• Responsible for defining comprehensive and holistic requirements; from a business perspective to ensure addressing market/merchant needs, and cross-opportunities for Major Global bank Retail partners.
• Work with Project Delivery, IT product specialists, Operations and other key stakeholders to ensure proper integration with internal systems, definition of efficient operational processes etc.
• Create and maintain product documentation for internal and external use - to support and sell capabilities.
• Manage the Governance processes for the assigned Product(s); Establish baseline & best practices guidelines for product implementation, testing/certifications.
• Organize and coordinate the market research; document results to create business case that supports proposal to develop new products or existing product enhancements.
• Ensures compliance with all legal, IS and regulatory policies and practices.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: