Java/Scala Developer/Investment Bank
|Reference # :||19-00309||Title :||Java/Scala Developer/Investment Bank|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||04/29/2019|
- Investments management technology team develops strategic portfolio management, trading and reporting solutions for Managed Investments business. The platform includes quantitative model optimization, Fixed income analytics, Charles River IMS and third party connectivity, transaction processing, and client reports.
- This role is for a hands-on senior Technical specialist to develop and support mission critical portfolio management & trading applications for the global 24x6 business. This is an excellent opportunities to work with top notch peers, make an architectural impact with key design decisions and leverage leading edge technologies & processes. The candidate will work closely with Portfolio managers, Traders and Quants in the in-house investment management group.
- Design, develop, test & support a world class suit of applications and processes, sometimes under tight time constraints.
- Comply with Major Global Bank SDLC and Compliance standards
- Collaborate with peers on leveraging the global data strategy and drive Private bank-wide architecture initiatives for robust, scalable solutions
- Contribute to technical direction, with innovative ideas and creative solutions.
- Keep abreast of new developments in asset management domain and help make technology as a competitive advantage for Investment management
- Investment Management business managers, Portfolio managers, traders and Quants
- Colleagues in Private Bank supporting other products and strategic technology initiatives
- Peers in critical third party platforms such as CharlesRiver, Bloomberg, Northfield, Factset, SS&C, MarketAxess and TradeWeb, IDC, InvestorTools, ITG, TMC etc.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in Investment management technologies
- In depth knowledge of Asset management and multi-asset class products, including global Equity, Fixed Income products, FX & Unified managed accounts
- Expertise in Investment data management -benchmark and analytics data, is strongly desired
- Strong RDBMS (Oracle / SqlServer) skills required, with expertise in large data sets
- Strong Java/Scala, Spring framework, mybatis and Linux is required. Some knowledge of C# preferred
- Experience in Northfield or MSCI Barra optimizer, FactSet, Bloomberg & CharlesRiver IMS.
- Proven track record of building and integrating industry-leading asset management & trading platforms
- Technical leadership; strong in Object Oriented design, data structures and strategic architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development and continuous integration
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player, Collaborative
- Understanding concepts of portfolio construction, risk management, trading and portfolio accounting
- Self-driven with an ability to own the tasks while collaborating with peers and other Technology teams
- Willingness to go the extra mile to be the best for our clients
- Degree from an accredited institution with a relevant major (Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar)
- Seeking fulltime employment
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary