|Reference # :||17-01595||Title :||Java Programmer|
|Location :||Warren, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/16/2017 / 02/15/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar discipline
- 10 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Minimum of 8 years supporting Investment Banking IT projects in a major investment bank
- Prior project management of a system implementation, including leading a team of developers both onshore and offshore.
- Prior hands on experience in complete project SDLC, documenting business requirements, development, testing and production rollout.
- Prior experience dealing with large data sets
- In depth financial product knowledge: Equity, Fixed Income (Treasury, Bonds etc), Derivatives (Futures, Options, Swaps, Interest Rate Products, Equity, Credit etc ), Foreign Exchange, Commodities etc.
- Display sound analytical, problem solving, presentation and inter-personal skills to handle various critical situations.
- Ability to carry out adaptive changes necessitated by changes in Business Requirements and Technology.
- Trade life-cycle (Pre/Post Settlement) experience.
Required Technical experience includes the following:
- Strong Core Java skills, Hibernate, Multi-Threading, Transaction Management, Messaging, Strong SQL/Data base.
- Highly proficient in Web Technologies such as SmartGwt, Kendo and Bootstrap.
- Well versed in application Servers such as Weblogic, Websphere and Tomcat.
- Strong application development skills in PL/SQL and Stored Procedures with various data sources like Oracle, Sybase/Db2.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Mongo DB, Cloudera etc.
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripting.
- Experience with high performance & high volume distributed enterprise systems in multi-threading and data base performance tuning (hibernate).
- Strong database development capabilities.
- Knowledge of design methodologies; design of complex multi-dimensional schema.
- Specific experience in Operations, Clearance, and/or settlement functions a plus.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary