|Reference # :||19-00370||Title :||JAVA Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/24/2019 / 06/23/2021|
The Worker Protection Programs at the Department of Labor are tasked with 'providing quality services to the people, businesses and governments in the State of New York. We are committed to protecting all of our customers from illness, injury and injustice by assisting them in their efforts to achieve compliance with New York's Labor Law. We do this by providing education, consultation and enforcement services in a fair, timely and consistent manner. '
To assist the Department employees in this effort we maintain an application for Public Work and Labor Standards. This application Worker Protection Audit and Monetary System (WPM) is used to track cases and money distributed.
The consultant will lead an agile development team and be responsible for Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and development activities. The activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead an agile development team working on a complex employer account financial system, including designing and developing modules that establish receivables, calculate fees and interest, apply remittances, establish and reverse refunds, and reconcile funds and other account maintenance activities
- Lead a team of developers in the analysis, design, and development of integrated solutions for the project.
- Assist the project development team to establish and document standards and patterns for 'best practices' of integration technologies.
- Mentor state staff developers in advanced programming techniques and skills.
- Use Rational Software Architect (RSA) for modeling architecture and application design, components, and services. Analyze, design, review, and document database conceptual and logical data models. Identify services and business process components in functional decomposition.
- Create and review sequence and activity diagrams.
- Define and validate service WSDLs and XSDs.
- Develop business process models.
- Analyze, design, and develop services and business processes from business requirements using a SOA approach.
- Orchestrate individual system components into end-to-end business processes as part of a comprehensive Case Management/Workflow system.
- Construct software applications using J2EE and SOA architectures.
- Develop applications using Rational Application Developer (RAD/IID) utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Develop composite applications utilizing WebSphere Integration Developer (WID), WebSphere Process Server (WPS), WebSphere Business Integration Workbench and/or WebSphere MQ Workflow.
- Perform composite application integration using EJB, SCA, JMS, and Web Services over an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Analyze and develop rule sets for processes utilizing WODM.
- Develop and test data access using Object Relation Mapping frameworks (Hibernate).
- Develop complex relational database queries using ANSI standard SQL and PLS/SQL to be used with Oracle and DB2 databases giving special consideration to transaction management.
- Perform database transaction management analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Perform unit and integration testing and resolve defects.
- Create and review technical documents for all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
- Provide new technology evaluations resulting from research, proof of concept (POC), and proof of technology (POT) work.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary