Java Phython Developer
|Reference # :||18-00467||Title :||Java Phython Developer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/19/2018 / 03/17/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- You will work closely with application developers and sector architect across various departments at a Major Global Bank to learn about their needs
- You will write code in Java and/or Python and deploy it to production Linux servers
- You will architect/develop/support enterprise scale systems/tools/frameworks/libraries for global use across the Major Global Bank's Technology groups
- You will provide Unix/Linux development tool subject matter expertise to the application development communities at a Major Global Bank
- You will proactively identify and implement opportunities that enable the development groups to provide the best solutions to their businesses.
- You will understand technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community
- You will evaluate and provide technical solutions to solve a variety of complex and interdependent processes and application integrations - You will evaluate and perform POC on new strategic technical products and applications.
- You will manage problems/defects with existing solutions and drive issues to resolution
- Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
- Experience with build tools make, maven, gradle, ant
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle – including unit testing, code scanning
- Strong understanding of architectural concepts and design
- Hands-on Linux/Unix platforms development experience
- Working knowledge of one object oriented language (Java or C# preferred)
- Familiarity with data persistence technologies both SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Windows Security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and devops tools (Docker, Chef etc.) a plus
- Experience with b! inary repository managers such as Artifactory and Nexus a plus!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills incl! uding social networking and blogging
- Strong interpersonal skills both in person or over the phone/video
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
- Ability to understand business drivers and balance business requirements, timelines, costs and best practices
- Good analytical skills, ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions
- An appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: