Java Middle Office Developer
|Reference # :||18-01747||Title :||Java Middle Office Developer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||12/03/2018 / 12/02/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Java 8 Test
- Backend core java development on a distributed & message oriented OTC post trade processing and clearing system
- Assist in the global rollout of the OTC Clearing platform
- Working with developers and analysts in New York & Shanghai teams.
- Level 3 support for production issues
- Strong adherence to development standards and principles.
- Participate in requirements analysis & prioritization by working closely with PM, BA and product development teams.
- Liaise with Primary Support staff to ensure successful operation of functionality post release
- Applying an understanding of Futures and OTC financial products to the full development lifecycle
- Ownership of relationships with internal teams supplying some of the technology/solutions for Futures
- Proven track record of complex, real-time, multi-tier solution development.
- Experience on Middle office STP platforms
- Detailed level knowledge (product/contract level) in Futures, Equities or Fixed Income markets.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the OTC business from Trading through to Settlement and Clearing a plus.
- Has evidence of commitment to process improvement & client service
- Must be able to understand user requirements and provide roadmaps and plans to achieve desired solutions. Skills:
- Expert in JAVA development in Linux environment: 6+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Tibco EMS, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, Docker, OpenShift or related technologies is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the FpML standards is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of message oriented/event driven multi-threaded services with an emphasis on throughput and latency.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
- Quickly grasp/master new requirements and related knowledge
- Manage tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
- Ability to learn/understand technical implications of system design
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, take ownership and drive strategy
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Bachelors or above in Computer Science or related discipline
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Other Competencies:
- Good team working skills and ability to work in a distributed global team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with determination to achieve goals.
- Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe.
- Experience in full lifecycle development.
- Impeccable integrity and judgment.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary