Java/J2EE Developer/Big Data
|Reference # :||21-01432||Title :||Java/J2EE Developer/Big Data|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/11/2021 / 10/10/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Regulatory Hub Core project is seeking a proven Big Data developer to join our expanding team of developers in Tampa. The team is enhancing and rolling out a next generation regulatory reporting system on a global scale.
• Design, develop, test and monitor solutions consistent with the standards of the global project team
• Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
• Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
• Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
• Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
• Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Gloabal Bankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Strong hands-on experience of J2EE technologies and architecture including multi-threading
• Strong hands-on experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark, Storm, Kafka).
• Must have good knowledge of NoSQL, RDBMS, Impala and/or Hive
• Experience in Financial industry will be an advantage.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
• Ability to work with a geographically distributed and diversified workforce
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at: