Java HTML5 Nodejs Developer
|Reference # :||18-01191||Title :||Java HTML5 Nodejs Developer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/13/2018 / 12/22/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The position is within Global Capital Markets Operation Technology. Global Capital Markets and Operations Technology focuses on automating and modernizing operations and middle office platforms, while implementing and leveraging cross product shared services opportunities. As part of a new initiative we are creating real-time web application platform which collate trade life cycle events real-time from various source systems and regions. The solution is delivered via a HTML5/NodeJS platform built using cutting edge technologies (Apache Kafka, SpringBoot MS, ElasticSearch etc) for a high performant real-time web experience.
We are looking for a technical lead (MongoDB with strong Java background) to spearhead our development activities from NAM region. Candidate must be hands on technical and must have performed in tech lead capacity for minimum 3 years. Job responsibilities include technical design & development, providing solutions, presenting technology roadmap and implementation details to management & stake holders. In addition, this role may sometimes dictate technical standards, including coding standards, tools to adopt for the project/program in addition to regular other regular development responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar discipline
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing web and large scale intranet/internet applications preferably for investment banking or financial domain
- Strong background in developing and architecting high volume transactional systems dealing with large data sets
- Experience in providing technical design & development, solutions, presenting technology roadmap and implementation details to management & stake holders
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving, presentation and inter-personal skills to handle various critical situations.
Required Technical experience includes the following:
- Extensive hands-on Experience in designing and developing web portals and large scale intranet/internet applications.
- Database / Backend must-have: Hands on experience in MongoDB is a must
- Middleware must-have: Strong Java/J2EE background (Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JMS), SpringBoot, Micro Services & ReST, hands on experience in Web framework particularly Spring
- Experience in working Linux/UNIX environment.
- Experience in Ant/Maven, Log4J, JUnit, WebSphere Application Server and Eclipse.
- Experience in ORM like Hibernate and caching solution like Hazelcast, Ignite etc.
- Strong background in designing real-time web applications.
- Experience with these core technologies is nice have: Apache Kafka, AWS, ElasticSearch
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile project environment with small, focused teams delivering product regularly.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary