Java Font and Back End Developer
|Reference # :||20-00138||Title :||Java Font and Back End Developer|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/10/2020 / 02/09/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
We are looking for a high energy motivated individual with a great attitude to join our Margin team as a Sr. Developer working on both Back End and Front End UI components of our application. The Margin team is responsible for the design, build - out, and ongoing support of a global, multi - product, multi - entity operational margin calculation system used to service our business areas. Our system is built on a Unix platform using Oracle and Casandra databases, runs 24 x 6, services internal and external users, and interacts with multiple up and down stream systems in batch and real - time. We provide a variety of utilities (online, workflow, electronic, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and helping to execute on the day - to - day technical work needed to define, design and develop our platform.
- Analyze and understand existing programs, job flows, and components.
- Perform program design, development, and code management.
- Perform unit, integration and parallel testing.
- Assist in investigating production issues and provide solutions.
- Evaluate and Recommend new technologies and update versions of existing ones.
- Design reusable frameworks - Environment management and layout design.
- Work with multiple teams in different locations and time zones.
- Review test and debug team members work.
- Write well designed efficient code.
- Document solutions to issues and business and testing requirements using JIRA
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Three to six years of software development experience
- Excellent Java Development skills
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise level architecture web services, data, and application layers.
- 7+ years professional software development experience with advanced experience in Java 1.8
- Solid Object Oriented Programming Experience
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in Java frameworks available such as Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Good understanding of front - end technologies such as AngularJS, DOJO, JSP as well as proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of xml technologies like xslt, jaxb etc.
- Multi - threading
- Rest and API design
- Unix Scripting
- Batch Job Scheduling JIL/Autosys
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
- Knowledge of Cassandra is desired
- Possess a positive attitude and the desire to help team members and customers
- Ability to work as part of a global team in a fast paced environment
- Strong desire to adhere to best practices in software design, development, and maintenance
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with users and other IT groups to help define and negotiate solutions
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and propose timely and accurate solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritize work and be well organized
Please see our complete list of jobs at: