|Reference # :||21-01435||Title :||Java Developer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/01/2021 / 09/30/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Seeking an experience Java / J2EE technical lead to join a highly skilled team of senior developers within Risk Technology and help us continue implementation of leading technology solutions that drive our business. The role is not just about software development, it is also about the design and architecture of our solutions. Candidate should be self-motivated, energetic, driven and looking to build a career in a fast-paced market environment at a top brokerage firm.
• Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining Risk & Regulatory applications
• Engage with key stake holders, internal and external, to understand user requirements
• Working with the Business Leads and other development leads to implement technology transformation and Cloud migration plans
• Work with other development team members to allow them to implement the designs, including design and code reviews
• Take ownership and accountability for the deliverables in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Keep the data structured and clean with modern data management tools
• Identify improvement opportunities including automation, process re-engineering and workforce management
• Proactively participate in platform design and review activities
Job Skills / Qualifications:
Must have Experience working in large scale architecting solutions possibly as lead
Must have Experience in cloud (AWS), performance monitoring, NoSQL, Data landscape
• 14+ years of hands-on design and development experience in distributed platforms:
o Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java 8/JEE (and higher), No SQL, Spring, among other tools
o Hands-on experience with Core Java Technologies with attention on multithreading, distributed caching, & fault-tolerant logic
o Hands-on experience in performance tuning distributed applications and building unit tests.
o Using Java 8 , Spring Framework and/or Python scripting.
• 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in development in following technologies:
o Java 1.8+, Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Restful Services (JAX-RS), REST and SOAP API, Java Testing Frameworks(JUnit, Mockito, PowerMockito), Microservices
o Understanding of Cloud infrastructure including Kubernates, Openshift, Splunk and Appdynamics.
o Experience with messaging systems including message brokers (RabbitMq/Kafka), channels, and common publishing and consumption patterns.
o Experience with high volume, performance driven distributed systems
o Designing API interfaces using Swagger/RAML, understanding of API authorization and access control patterns, familiarity with industry standard API gateway.
o Experience applying well-known patterns to application and service architecture; active-active database deployments, circuit breaker, strangler, etc.
o Experience with public cloud providers (particularly AWS) is a plus.
o Experience in development and design in an Agile and DevOps environment, including change and release management.
• Platform modernization experience in taking on premise applications to cloud-based solutions is a significant plus; ideal candidates can also understand legacy application for batch processing in order to accelerate modernization and migration initiatives.
• Strong knowledge of non-functional requirements related to operationalizing enterprise solutions
• Knowledge of following technologies would be an advantage:
o Docker Framework, Document Based DBs – Cassandra/Couchbase or MongoDB, Redis DB, SonarQube, Jira, Confluence, Cucumber, Kubernetes (or similar technology
o Domain Driven Design concepts and designing and developing Microservices from Monolith architecture
o Expert knowledge of Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud Data Flow, etc.)
• Experience is setting up CI/CD pipeline for different platforms.
• Understanding and experience in Object-Oriented Design Principles & Test-Driven Development
• Understanding and experience using continuous build tools like Maven / Jenkins / GIT
• Strong Analytical and communication skills
Desired Skills / Good to have
• Experience with React / Angular is a plus
• Experience in event-driven design of Microservices and 12-factor app development standards
• Experience building modern enterprise applications and deploying to public or private clouds including AWS
• Experience in Distributed cache systems like Apache Ignite; App developer w/ experience in writing distributable jobs in Spark
• Financial Industry experience is a plus
Please see our complete list of jobs at: