|Reference # :||19-00747||Title :||JAVA Developer|
|Location :||Menands, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/30/2019 / 03/30/2022|
The Birth Defects Registry (BDR) at the New York State Department of Health is responsible for analyzing case reports of children born or residing in New York State diagnosed before the age of two with any structural, functional or biochemical abnormality determined genetically or induced during gestation and not due to birthing events. The BDR requires a secure application to support the electronic reporting of birth defects, particularly the Zika-related birth defects, by health practitioners. Although physicians have always been legally mandated to report birth defects, they have not been reporting due to the lack of an efficient reporting mechanism. May 2016 (Regulation Supp 22.3) changes to NYS regulations now require birth defects reporting by physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and midwives.
Directs a development team to analyze, design and program complex projects. This will include coordinating activities on multiple aspects of the project, assuring quality control and providing technical leadership to project teams, as well as interfacing with business owners and project management staff.
- Review business requirements documentation with project team to clarify for technical design
- Oversee systems and program design to meet highly complex business needs, preparation of detailed technical specifications from which programs are developed, and creation of appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
- Prepare development time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provide recommendations to project managers.
- Coordinate development activities, design testing plans, assure quality control and effective change control and provide technical leadership to project teams
- Consult with the software development team in coding, testing, debugging, implementing, and documenting highly complex programs, and developing complex test plans to verify logic programs.
- Develop and maintain release management process including planning, tracking, communication and coordination of technical tasks associated with release.
- Support project personnel in resolving complex program problems. Work with partners to resolve issues and validate programming requirements.
- Serve as technical project lead, providing leadership and work guidance to less experienced technical personnel.
- Identify, track and resolve issues, recommend changes and provide supporting documentation.
- Develop work plans and work estimates for large scope projects.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary