Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Seeking candidates with exp. working on applications that deal with a lot of real-time analytics, preferably in Capital Markets space.
Server side Java
This role is for an Application Developer on the Major Global Bank's Analytics Web Portal
team. The team is responsible for creating charting, pricing, reporting, and data visualization applications that reside on the web portal. The user base consists of thousands of Markets Employees and Institutional Clients. Each developer is involved in the complete project lifecycle from requirements analysis to design and implementation.
As one of the Global Markets' key initiatives, Client's Analytics Web Portal and Mobile brings together with client's global footprint with best in class technology, giving our institutional clients unprecedented access to our capital markets research, commentary, data, analytics, proprietary models and services across asset classes. Client's analytics web portal is one of the leading platforms for web-based analytics on The Street, having just ranked #1 among 19 dealer sites in Institutional Investor's All-America and All-Europe Surveys.
• Responsible for server side applications design & development.
• Collaborate with business partners on the trading floor to create competitive client facing apps.
• Responsible for creating high throughput applications leveraging existing framework.
• Part of an innovative team pursing boundaries to create cutting edge data visualization solutions.
• Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies.
• Be part of a dynamic group working towards a common goal.
• Solid understanding of service architecture
• Experience architecting and designing high performance server side components.
• At least 3+ years experience using J2EE to develop service oriented applications
• Good experience with databases, communication and caching
• Design and develop the core services ensuring strong reliability, scalability and performance
• Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design
• Solid understanding of multithreading.
• Extensive hand-coding expertise in Core Java development
• Strong mathematical and statistical skils.
• Strong experience in data modeling and relational database. Preferably PL/SQL, Oracle
• Experienced in systems integration, web services, batch processing
• Prior experience with building distributed, multi-tier applications is highly desirable
• Relish tackling new challenges, paying attention to details, and growing professionally.
• Basic shell commands and shell scripting.
Strong academic record, ideally with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or related technical/quantitative discipline. Demonstrable success in designing and delivering multi-tiered applications Competencies
• Strong Communication skills
• Self Motivated
• Willingness to learn
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at: