Java Developer - J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Spring
|Reference # :||20-00168||Title :||Java Developer - J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Spring|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/10/2020 / 12/09/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Take ownership for delivering the development task assigned.
- Ensure delivery within tight timelines and meeting the team's expectation.
- Get involved in the entire lifecycle of the development project
- Understand the requirement from Project Lead and ensure quality deliverables.
- Ensure quality and optimized coding with proper documentation
- Do peer code reviews
- Develop unit plan and perform unit testing and provide continuously improved product experience
- Actively assist Support team wherever required
- Assist Project Lead in coordinating with business analysts & user communities to define requirements
- Participate in the technical design
- Actively assist Project Lead to deliver quality output
- Together with the team contribute to innovative & best-in-class solutions for our business
2 yrs of hands on experience in pure technical roles in development of various software applications.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, AngularJS, etc.)
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
- Thorough understanding of usage of the fundamental concepts like Exception Handling, Static block/variables/classes , OOPS concepts, Collections, Multi-Threading, http sessions, session handling, Servlets/JSP life cycle, JDBC, actions, events, implicit objects, custom tags, context
- Exposure to an industry-standard database (Oracle or Sybase) on a UNIX platform with awareness of database design and SQL scripting knowledge and performance tuning
- Awareness of application servers /webservers (Weblogic , JBoss and iPlanet)
- Work experience in testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG
- Work experience on the transactional applications for low latency, high availability uses is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Swings knowledge is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to partner with non-technical and technical peers; ability to work effectively with remote colleagues; participate technical discussions
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success; willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success; intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality
- Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
- Logical thinking, High analytical and problem solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
- Innovative and Positive 'Can Do' attitude
- Planning and Organising – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Resilience – Used to working towards tight deadlines, under pressure and using appropriate coping methods to stay focused
- Accountability –self start on goals and achieve targets
Please see our complete list of jobs at: