|Reference # :||21-00801||Title :||Java Developer/Backend/FX|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/24/2021 / 06/23/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Major Global Bank's FX technology group supports the front office technology operations of one of the world's largest capital market businesses. Our talented technology group is looking for a senior level hands-on, java developer to work on the backend development team on our award winning Major Global Bank FX platform.
It serves Institutional clients and delivers electronic access to Major Global Bank's capital markets services across equities, futures, FX, emerging markets, rates, credit, commodities, securitized, municipals, prime and research
The platform is a best in-class, state of the art, proprietary ecommerce platform. It deploys cutting edge technology and innovation to offer a slick, dynamic and rich end user experience. By leveraging Major Global Bank's global footprint with world-class innovation, we are giving our clients unprecedented access to our capital markets intelligence, multi-asset real-time execution and post-trade service.
We are seeking a senior developer with strong core Java skills, with experience building multi-threaded, highly concurrent systems. Experience with Low latency systems is an added plus.
The Individual will lead and work on cutting edge technologies to build highly performant backend systems to deliver the best in class Trading experience.
• Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
• Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
• Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
• Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
• Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Global Bank group, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 6+ years of hands on experience in Apps Development with a Java background
• Extensive experience in system analysis and in programming of software applications
• Experience developing Large scale systems
• Experience working in low Latency solutions
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Applications Development
• Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Core Java, Spring Boot, Apache Camel, Chronicle, SBE, FIX, Solace, Gemfire, Oracle, Fitnesse, jmeter
Please see our complete list of jobs at: