Java Developer - Apache Kafka/Hive/Flume Investment Bank
|Reference # :||20-00111||Title :||Java Developer - Apache Kafka/Hive/Flume Investment Bank|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/10/2020 / 12/09/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Job Title: Java Developer
The MCS team is responsible for the design and build-out (and ongoing support) of a global, multi-product, multi-entity operational margin system and calculation infrastructure, used to service our Client business areas. Our system is built using state of the art design and technologies, runs 24 x 6, processes a billion+ transactions monthly, services 200+ users and interacts with 50+ systems in batch and real-time. We provide a variety of utilities (online, workflow, electronic, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and helping to execute on the day-to-day technical work needed to define, design and develop our MCS platform. They would need to be extremely knowledge and hands-on in business, global margin and technology.
- Understanding the business area and user requirements
- Study and understand the existing programs
- Performing program design, coding and Development
- Performing unit and integration testing
- Producing documentation based on the company's standards.
- Evaluation and Recommendation for new technologies and updating versions of existing ones.
- Design reusable frameworks
- Environment management and layout design.
- Continuous Integrations Building/maintaining
- 4 years of requirements, analysis and programming experience in software or financial services organization
- Experience in working for financial services organization in a development capacity
- Working experience at least in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project is required; experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
Mandatory Technical requirements (4 of 6 are required)
- Core Java (at least 4 years hands-on experience with Java programming is required)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Apache Kafka / Confluent platform
- Apache Hive
- Apache Flume
- Unix Scripting
- Oracle/SQL- Experience working in RDBMS(Oracle)
- Ability to work directly with clients on gathering and documenting business requirements, and work as a partner
- A "do whatever it takes attitude”, dedication to quality, ability to work independently, and complete attention to detail
Please see our complete list of jobs at: