Java Developer / Analytics / Big Data
|Reference # :||19-00254||Title :||Java Developer / Analytics / Big Data|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/08/2019 / 12/09/2019|
Java / MIS / Analytics Tech Lead / Individual Contributor with strong analytical and technical ability with 10-12 years' experience in Java.
Able to work independently, good communication skills, has experience in working on complex and medium to large projects. Job Background / context:
- The position is based in Tampa, FL
- It will focus primarily on core and enterprise Java and Big Data skills and will involve other technologies around Java.
- Java Spring and Database knowledge required
- This role will report to the Lead in Tampa office, and will collaboratively work with colleagues in Dublin Team.
- Candidate will work independently under the guidance of the Lead and will strive to achieve stretch goals defined from time to time.
- He / She will also help his / her team members come up to speed and work towards common goals
- Write excellent-quality code based on functional requirements, while meeting agile implementation deadlines.
- Contribute to concept models, design and system architectures.
- Build, deploy, and test application components in a development environment during the implementation phase working with all layers of the application stack.
- Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation during development.
- Support/understand legacy applications as well as new development.
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
- Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
- Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging
- Level 3 production support
- 10-12 years of strong core and/or web Java development
- 7-10 years of experience with SQL and relational databases; 1-2 years or NoSQL preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving experience for implementation, debugging and testing.
- Experience in Object Oriented Development, writing and translating use cases and requirements.
- Unix + Shell Scripting
- At least one Unit Testing Framework (jUnit or equivalent).
Nice to Have
- 2-3 years of strong Big Data ecosystem experience (desired)
- 2-3 years of Python experience (nice to have)
- Solid experience with frameworks like Spring, Spring Batch
- Functional Programming skills like Clojure, Scala
- Reactive Architecture, Apache Open Source Big Data toolset, Data Modelling, Warehousing, Data Governance
- Bachelor's or Above Degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and self-managing; he will need to frequently interact and collaborate with colleagues in other teams to achieve common goals
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary