|Reference # :||20-01328||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/01/2020 / 01/01/2022|
Network Operations Center
The Network Operations Team is responsible for monitoring and supporting over 1,200 school buildings with over 100,000 networking devices in the DOE infrastructure.
• Maintains the Wide Area Network (WAN) including connectivity, servers, applications and network hardware and software to ensure system stability, reliability, availability and connectivity to the user community.
• Troubleshoots and recommends improvements to network including operating systems and related software and provides tactical and strategic input to overall network planning and related projects. Isolates and resolves network problems in a timely manner.
• Responsible for working with vendors and resolving network outages in a timely fashion in order to meet internal SLAs and / or Metrics.
• Lead technical person responsible for the NOC's trouble ticket queues and associated processes.
• Performs analysis of the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking communication protocol and configures and maintains network switches, VLAN's, Servers, Routers, Controllers, Cisco Wireless Access Points, Load Balancers (CSS, F5 & Extreme) Cisco Secure PIX Firewalls (520/525) and Cisco ASA / Firepower Firewalls.
• Maintains and supports on-line databases, various
network applications (e.g. Visio, etc.), and network
management platforms (e.g. Netscout, Splunk, Nagios,
CiscoWorks, Airwave, Netflow, Netcool, Cisco Unity
Operations Manager, etc,) deployed on the internet,
intranet, client-server and mainframe platforms.
• Serves as the lead technical resource person in the
diagnosis and correction of LAN and WAN problems for
all school-based and administrative personnel. This
includes failure analysis in a complex networking
environment which may include mainframe applications,
web applications, traditional wide area & DWDM SONET
• Performs day-to-day network administration tasks
including network equipment installation, configuration,
and upgrades, testing and troubleshooting.
• Diagnoses problems, verifying servers/switches/router
status, testing device connectivity, path trace, etc., using
different network monitoring software, such as
• Provides documentation and tactical assistance regarding
developmental, technical and operational support to the
• Monitors firewall performance and integrity and maintains
and resolves all internet related technical issues.
• Prepares network diagrams, floor plans and schematics
• Provide operational support for IPDVS infrastructure
Please see our complete list of jobs at: