|Reference # :||20-00884||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/03/2020 / 09/03/2022|
Classroom Connectivity Universal Project
New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE), continues to invest in 21st century teaching tools for online and technology intensive curriculums. Increased broadband and wireless technology solutions will better support robust digital teaching content, online teaching resources and online testing. Since 1998, the NYCDOE has formally supported City schools with centrally administered projects to enhance and expand Internet access. The need for reliable network connection requires continual investment in next generation education technology platforms and is the focus of enhancing school technology infrastructure.
• Provide support for the Classroom Connectivity Tech Refresh Project for the Schools Server Integration in all five boroughs.
• Responsible for configuring two Windows 2012 R2, 2016 Core physical servers and five virtual Servers (3 Windows VMs and 2 Linux VMs) per site. These servers provide infrastructure for Server Operations, NOC, SCCM, EMS and Security teams.
• To configure the Remote Access Card in both servers, configure Active Directory, and DNS resource records validation.
• Troubleshoot and provide support for DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, SNMP, TCP/IP, and WINS.
• Working with Windows Server configuration and management & PowerShell scripting.
• Troubleshoot Hardware and Software problems during the server integration.
• Documentation of all work effort to support server integration for sites.
• Provides hardware assistance and performs testing on Servers.
• Interact with DOE end-users and vendors to resolve logistic issues with equipment.
• Provide assistance with servers, LAN and network integration.
• Provides end-user support to different vendors by phone or on-site.
• Respond to support issues for the integration when needed.
• Certification: Server + / MCSE / Expert Knowledge in RedHat Linux
Please see our complete list of jobs at: