|Reference # :||20-00512||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/10/2020 / 06/10/2022|
Wireless Technology Refresh
This position provides support to the development and deployment of new wireless Technology to the schools. It provides core wireless connectivity and advanced mobility capabilities to NYC's 1600 public schools
• Contribute to the design and implementation of new wireless technology and network mobility in the schools.
• Support implementation and deployment of wireless standards including 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11i, dot1x and 802.11 extensions protocols.
• Support implementation and deployment of wireless security authentication and encryption protocols including LEAP, PEAP, EAP-TLS, WPA, TKIP, AES, PSK, WEP, etc.
• Guide large scale wireless network management tasks using Aruba's Airwave WNMS platform.
• Support engineering efforts in designing, testing and deployment of wireless access management solutions.
• Conduct Airwave WNMS updates (wireless network management system) in support of project deployment
• Runs, generates and distributes daily status of the wireless infrastructure Airwave reports
• Conducts MAC systems update in Airwave in support
of project deployment
• Imports and configures New schools in the Airwave
wireless network management systems
• Implements and conduct QA checks of Visual RF
records in Airwave.
• Coordinate configuration and testing of various
wireless clients including laptops, printers, tablets and
other Wi-Fi devices. This includes work with wireless
adapters utilities, drivers and configuration
procedures for Windows and MAC OSX, Apple iOS,
ChromeOS, Android and other operating systems.
• Implement solutions integrating Cisco wireless
controllers, Controller-less Architecture and Client.
• Implement solutions integrating Aruba wireless
controllers, Instant Architecture and ClearPass.
• Perform as a senior wireless network engineer to
troubleshoot and resolve wireless network support
and end user wireless escalations from NYCDOE's
Network Operations Center.
• Assist with wireless site surveys and site RF
diagnostics using wireless survey tools like Ekahau or
• Participate in work with other IT groups to implement
and support wireless access management system
Please see our complete list of jobs at: