|Reference # :||20-00312||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/22/2020 / 04/22/2022|
|Department of Environmental Conservation needs candidate to work on data architecture analysis, solution designing and providing ad-hoc support for Division of Environmental Remediation (DER) projects. Primarily staff will be responsible to design system architecture and writing complex stored procedures for a public facing online form submission application. DER also needs support for streamlining various legacy database processes for better data integrity, adhering to set OITS standards.|
The candidate will be responsible for designing and maintaining MS SQL databases, reviewing database performance and optimizing existing processes. This individual will perform analytical and technical tasks to develop advanced complex SQL based solutions. This individual will also provide ad-hoc production support for the existing database needs.
• Participates in building complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, views and reports.
• Ongoing collaboration with ColdFusion developers to design and draft modern and effective database architectures.
• Analyze functional requirements to perform ad-hoc Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)
processes involving data analysis, data manipulation and setting up SSIS packages.
• Review performance logs to track and analyze production issues and optimize stored procedures for improved database responsiveness.
• Identifying duplicate or unused stored procedures to streamline code and reduce errors.
• Collaboration with database management team to establish database user provisioning and access management for the core applications.
• Participate in unit and regression testing by assisting business analysis team to mine and translate complex dataset.
• Work with data modelling team to draft/maintain system data model and data dictionary.
• Establish standards for system documentation and advise other team members.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: