|Reference # :||20-00251||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/01/2020 / 04/01/2022|
The Network Operations Team is responsible for monitoring and supporting over 1,200 school buildings with over 100,000 networking devices in the DOE infrastructure. This infrastructure provides internet connectivity for all teachers, students and administrators citywide within the Department of Education. Providing, supporting and designing network connectivity for all DOE applications and services that travers the network infrastructure is critical for the business and day-to-day operations.
- The candidate will provide support Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Operations Manager, Publisher, and Unity for VoIP environments at various locations.
- Maintain and support a large enterprise network connecting a citywide environment of over 1200 locations.
- Candidate will provide support day to day operations that include routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, VoIP, and VPN.
- Work closely with the Network Operations Center to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues.
- Perform day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, upgrades, testing and troubleshooting.
- Candidate will provide WAN support for initiatives that revolve around our optical backbone.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of network technologies that sustain data center operations.
- The candidate must configure load balancing for internal and external facing DOE applications.
- Collaborate with various departments representing the network support team to design, test, and implement proposed solutions.
- The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting network performance issues and recommending appropriate solutions
- Provide periodic network traffic and security status reporting.
- Prepare network diagrams, floor plans, and schematics using Visio where required.
- Respond to emergency calls in the evenings and on weekends regarding WAN / LAN outages.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: