|Reference # :||20-00245||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Menands, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/30/2020 / 03/30/2022|
The Medicaid Data Warehouse Bureau is the primary repository for Medicaid in New York State and is the main provider of Business Intelligence about Medicaid Data. The Bureau is comprised of two functional areas, the Medicaid Data Warehouse (MDW) and the Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal (MAPP).
The MDW includes the Medicaid Information Services Center, a Data Warehouse, business Intelligence capabilities, reporting capabilities, provides user support and answers litigation requests. MAPP includes Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP), Health Homes and Value Based Payment (VBP) projects.
The IT Specialist will perform report development tasks as it relates to health information technology including development of reports, work flows, data transformation, programming solutions, writing and executing unit test plans, researching, resolving, and testing reporting defects, and close collaboration with the technical team.
• Analyzes, develops and revises flow charts, process models and technical specifications describing as-is or to-be Information Technology (IT) systems or business processes
• Review business requirements documentation with technical project manager and programmers to ensure clarity in implementation of technical design
• Participate in business requirement and joint application development sessions to inform report options
• Implement systems and program design to meet complex business needs and author technical design document. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
• Assists project manager in development of report time estimates and completes assigned tasks
• Participates in development as data expert, with specialization in report development. Ensure top notch report development through coding, testing, debugging, implementing, and documenting programs, and developing test plans to verify logic programs and output.
• Troubleshoots end user technical issues, identifying report problems and leading solutions
• Supports release management process including technical steps to promote, test and release through the development environment, coordinating with infrastructure staff.
• Uses waterfall, iterative and agile software development life cycle methodologies.
• Writing Queries – supports the reconciliation of the MDW, CMS 64 and eMedNY utilizing MARS reports – this facilitates claim reporting to the Centers for Medicaid/Medicare systems – T-MSIS.
• Assist in querying Data sources to determine the validity of project outputs
• Documenting data architecture
Please see our complete list of jobs at: