|Reference # :||20-00077||Title :||IT Specialist|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/28/2020 / 02/28/2022|
ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) is the middleware application integration platform.
The candidate's role is critical to successfully complete integration projects across large projects. Due to the complexity of systems deployed in the larger DOE enterprise, each integration project requires dedicated developers to support the integration. Without this specialized expertise, integration projects would take significantly longer because application teams would have to spend additional time developing their connection and transformation components. As more and more ESB projects are completed, the connection and transformation components developed by candidate, for the ESB will save the DOE significant costs in development effort.
The candidate will be part of the implementation team to implement Messaging, transformation and routing.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Designs and Develops message sets, maps, message flows and configure/develop adaptors
- Guides other development teams around best practices to create web services or
any other appropriate integration end-points
- Conducts interface requirements analysis of current NYCDOE business applications
- Deploys integration components in development / test environments
- Develops components as needed in Java or ESQL
- Works with other data analysts, business users, and IT professionals to ensure that data requirements are met with the highest degree of integrity and efficiency
- Ensures that documentation is captured, maintained, available to, and understood by business and/or IT partners
- Participates in and facilitates business process analysis and requirements gathering sessions to ensure that all interested parties fully understand the requirements and data necessary to support requirements
- Escalates critical technical issues and potential problems as needed to Data API Project Manager to address any Data API related issues in advance of deadlines
- Participates in focus group sessions as needed for information discovery
- Designs and documents conversion and interface specifications
- Coordinates activities with business and technical teams
Please see our complete list of jobs at: