IT Project Manager-Custody & Funds/Investment Banking
|Reference # :||21-00181||Title :||IT Project Manager-Custody & Funds/Investment Banking|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/22/2021 / 02/21/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
A Major Global Bank Securities Services Technology is looking for an experienced project manager to join the technology team delivering significant Custody and Funds client onboarding initiatives and deliver projects within complex client onboarding programs.
The role will entail working with different business and technology teams across multiple locations, thus the candidate needs to possess strong communications skills combined with experience within securities services, particularly Custody and Funds Servicing. Ideally they would have experience as a business analyst supporting that all-round delivery capability
- Ensure successful and timely delivery of all project phases end-to-end for client onboarding programs
- Ensure that projects have detailed IT work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Manage stakeholders and take administrative responsibility for project deliveries, adhering to Client best practice and regulatory requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners across Technology, Operations and Product divisions, and face off to external clients when required.
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draw on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how IT project leadership integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of the underlying technology stack and supported/related business area.
- Participate in completion of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Due Diligence for both new client deals and existing, including completion of technology estimates
- Provide management oversight of other local resources
Qualifications and Competencies
- Significant experience in complex project management attained within financial services,
- Experience as a business analyst preferable
- Experience of Custody and Funds Servicing businesses is preferable,
- Significant (8-10 years) experience working within Technology, Operations or Client-facing activities.
- Experience in delivering complex technology projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working with clients and managing client expectations preferred
- Experience with full SDLC including Agile methodology and including testing and defect coordination
- Strong listening, presentation, communication, and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail in management reporting
- Strong technical background -able to come up to speed and understand differing technologies quickly.
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- PMP/PgMP, Prince 2 or similar formal project management certification preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at: