Instructional Designer/Training Specialist
|Reference # :||19-00979||Title :||Instructional Designer/Training Specialist|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/23/2019 / 02/25/2020|
The Instructional Designer/Training Specialist will design, develop, implement and revise training resources, courses, eLearning, and videos for Legal employees. There will be occasional opportunities to co-facilitate and offer train the trainer sessions. This position resides within the Training & Communications department supporting technical system training for Legal programs (iManage).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement engaging and compelling instructional resources that ensure knowledge transfer and retention. Critical outputs include: instructor guides, participant guides, quick reference cards, videos, presentation scripts, checklists, tests, evaluation forms, , video demonstrations, and simulations. Instructional resources will be designed for classroom, virtual and OnDemand delivery.
- In conjunction with vendor, subject matter experts and team members, identify and define gaps between ideal and actual performance. Establish causes using standard needs analysis techniques (task analysis and focus groups) and determine appropriate instructional strategies to meet organization objectives.
- Design and create storyboards for the development of learning resources.
- Pilot courses and materials when appropriate to ensure necessary changes and revisions are made prior to firm-wide implementation.
- Design to drive business goals and metrics.
- Collect, consolidate, evaluate and prioritize feedback on existing training content to develop plans for revisions.
- Delivery of training material. Attend courses to provide ideas on how to engage learners during webcasts. Conduct train the trainer sessions as needed.
- Stay abreast of new training technologies, products, statutory and technological changes and advise management of appropriate training responses.
- Mentor team members, trainers and internal clients on best practices in instructional design and the use of standard templates for the production of course and training materials.
- Ensure that final documents distributed by the Professional Development Department are proofread and in the approved format(s).
- Create course titles, descriptions and load relevant course materials within the Learning Management System and virtual training platform.
- Support the team's Training Administrator with Learning Management System related issues and questions.
- Prepare reports, perform administrative and other assigned duties as required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to use computers and training related software packages (Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Skilled in gathering information and insights by interviewing groups and/or individuals.
- Can work independently in setting agendas, schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills to engage diverse audiences in both live and virtual environments a plus.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelors in instructional design, education, or related field preferred or equivalent working experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as an Instructional Designer/Developer in a corporate or consulting environment.
- Experience designing CLE (Continuing Legal Education) courses in a law firm preferred.
- Experience within the professional services industry with resultant knowledge of organizational behavior, adult learning principles, training and development techniques.
- eLearning experience is a must.
- Video creation and web design experience a plus.
Previous legal industry experience a plus.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary