Info Security Project Manager NIX RHEL
|Reference # :||20-00213||Title :||Info Security Project Manager NIX RHEL|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/24/2020 / 02/09/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Candidate will be overseeing the infrastructure projects, security assessment, transition of Infrastructure and tools under global operating model, handle production issues, carry out root cause analysis/resolution for system issues, defects and enhancements, supporting project transition within the Cyber Security department.
Must have technical skills
- Deploy and design large scale complex security ecosystems
- Good grasp of networking concepts and protocols
- Working experience with RHEL or any NIX implementations including appliances based on RHEL/CentOS/Debian
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP technologies and Internet Routing protocols
- Understands logs generated through authentication and authorization product, retention and management of such logs.
- Must have working experience with a Privileged Identity Management product within a large organization and is familiar with its deployment complexities.
- Must have hands on expertise with scripting / workflow development using one of the known scripting technologies like Python, BASH, KSH, PERL, etc.
- Needs to have experience with production server support, application upgrades and project life cycle.
- Integration of server performance and capacity monitoring tools with various products.
- Needs to have experience with production server support, application upgrades and project life cycle/ TDLC process.
- Integration of server performance and capacity monitoring with various products/tools.
- Working experience with TACACS, RADIUS, MSChapv2, PEAP and other implementations included within the AAA process is a plus
- Working knowledge of open source product and technologies like openSSH, openSSL, Shinken/Sensu, Chef/Ansible, etc. is a plus.
Other skills candidate must possess
- Is security conscious and has experience deploying security related updates to application and has deep understanding of server level patching mechanism
- Must have exceptional analytical skills
- Strong customer and quality-focus
- Must have experience following and developing procedures for operational support along with good documentation skills using well known tools & web applications
- Sound problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Fluently communicates in both written and oral English
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
Good to Have
- Certification or Extensive experience with either C#, .Net, Java, Perl, Python, Shell Scripting or any well-known / open source programming languages
- Networking related certifications like CCNE, CCNA
- CyberArk Sentry, Thycotic CSSS, BeyondTrust PSA Certification
- Hands on experience with web services and associated frameworks like SOAP, REST, and WCF.
- Knowledge of Security tools and hands-on experience with some of the following technologies is an added advantage:
o CA Workload Automation AE/Autosys
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Some experience on utilizing monitoring tools like IBM Tivoli, Client SiteScope
o Security Infrastructure technologies such as Cisco Network Security, Token Technologies, Powerbroker, Unix Security tools, Kerberos, Directory Servers.
o Databases (Sybase ASE including OC/OS SDK, MSSQL, Oracle)
- Familiarity of Compliance and risk management frameworks and methodologies (ISO27002, SDLC).
- Provide Technical Application SME support for the Security Infrastructure and Applications.
- Production and UAT Environment setup.
- Capacity, Performance and Stability reporting and Management.
- Lead initiative to develop/improve scripts and other programs for system monitoring and maintenance.
- Provide Technical Mentoring.
- Lead Infrastructure projects and Security assessment for the infrastructure associated the applications in scope.
- Leadership Skills to Document and do knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Be responsible to assess the risk and associated impact of all operational issues and change events and react quickly to escalate to technology management in a timely manner when required.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the operational requirements are met during the project transition
- Continuously keep the Knowledge Share repository up to date.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work with demanding global partners within aggressive timelines; solid problem solving, analytical and technical abilities.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: