ICS Systems Engineer
|Reference # :||18-01508||Title :||ICS Systems Engineer|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/08/2018 / 12/31/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
This position is for an Engineer to work within Secure Engineering. Specifically this person will be involved in the engineering work associated Client and ICS security technologies for the bank.
Physical Security Engineering (PSE) has the remit of engineering the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) at the Major Global Bank, globally, for our realty services division. The Major Global Bank invests large sums on ICS (Building management system (Client), Energy Power Management Systems (EPMS) technology that you can see deployed in our various locations such as branches, corporate headquarters, campus and data centers round the globe.
PSE is a team in the Security domain of the Major Global Bank's Technology Architecture and Engineering division -whose purpose is to architect and engineer security products for the Major Global Bank.
This individual should have knowledge of industrial control systems, and related building automation products as well as a background in code development and information security. The Ideal candidate will have experience of delivering industrial control systems (Client, EPMS) to a large to medium enterprise and show the ability to be a fast on the job learner.
- To lead the technical product management of one or more ICS products (Client or EPMS). They shall be the main point of contact and expect to become the subject matter expert in the product(s). Products include but are not limited to: Schneider's PowerSCADA Operations, Siemens Desigo, Client EBI, and Schneider Wonderware.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in both the business and the operational support team to ensure the product life-cycle is properly managed.
- They will be tasked with determining and enforcing the product road map, working closely with relevant vendors to ensure that they continue to match the Major Global Bank's vision.
- They will also evaluate the marketplace for industrial control system technologies and then to test and eventually certify best of breed product to the Major Global Bank's standards.
- Where commercial products are not available, it will be required to develop in-house solutions as well as leveraging existing capability from existing solutions. This involves ensuring that the product conforms to all of the Major Global Bank's security standards and audit requirements and is integrated into our enterprise management tools.
- 3rd level technical support
- Writing and publishing designs, test results, best practice, standards for the a global disparate audience, which eventually lead to the certification of products
- Bachelor's degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
- Strong Windows skills with some knowledge of UNIX
- Ability to package in Windows and to a lesser extent UNIX (including Linux)
- Development experience -ability to rapidly take on new languages as necessary
- Good understanding of IT security and information security principles
- CISSP or other certifications are desirable.
- Expertise on building industrial control systems and security thereof.
- Experience with operational technologies such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software, Human Machine Interface (HMI), and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- - Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required in English
- The candidate will have the highest possible integrity due to the sensitive nature of the information security role.
- The candidate must have strong technical writing skills and be able to communicate ideas and technical designs clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- The candidate should have excellent communication and influencing skills
- The candidate must be comfortable in working across geographies due to the global nature of the team.
- Organizational and project management skills required.
- Successful candidate should possess a strong work ethic, good interpersonal and communication skills and a high energy level.
- Ability to independently work with vendors in resolving issues and developing solutions
- Able to deliver results independently and without constant supervision.
- Experience in building highly available infrastructure
- Five years or more experience in an engineering role
- Should be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Proficient with MS Office -Visio, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience in CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Fire & Safety and industrial control systems would be welcome
- Proficient in one or more computer languages
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary