General Legal Counsel/Lawyer
|Reference # :||21-00610||Title :||General Legal Counsel/Lawyer|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/24/2021 / 02/23/2022|
Client's Treasury & Trade Solutions seeks an attorney to assist with the revision of current, and development of new, procedures, precedents, templates and related ways of enhancing the provision of legal support, with emphasis on technology agreements. This role will collaborate with business, sourcing and other teams at Client.
• Update info security and cloud terms based on strong familiarity with current industry best practices.
• Link regulatory requirements with contract provisions.
• Integrate terms to cover evolving technology (e.g., tokenization) as well as dynamic laws and regulations, (e.g., data privacy) in a streamlined, common sense manner while remaining sensitive to risks and controls.
• Review and update current licensing terms and contractual approaches to create a more efficient negotiation process.
• Develop playbook for key technology terms for use by legal and non legal personnel.
• Develop more nimble and versatile umbrella master agreement that can also be readily updated as laws or Client views (e.g., risk appetite) change and evolve.
• Draft and negotiate new agreements as well as update legacy contract arrangements.
The position requires 5-7 years of proven general commercial transactional experience, with an emphasis on IP and technology transactions. The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience reviewing, revising, drafting, negotiating and advising on sophisticated and complex transactions, and ability to engage and complete transactions quickly and effectively, with minimal supervision.
Prior in house experience preferred.
Active State Bar certification and membership as an attorney qualified to practice law in any US state required.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: